PRP is platelet-rich plasma therapy for hair loss treatment. PRP is a three-step medical treatment that is done by drawing out a person’s blood, processed, and then injected it into the scalp.
Before the treatment:
• Make sure to avoid anti-inflammatory medications such as ibuprofen, Motrin, naproxen, Aleve a maximum of 3 days before this treatment.
• Avoid blood-thinning medication such as multivitamins, vitamins, E/A fish oil, aspirin at least one week before this treatment.
• Avoid alcohol and smoking three days before this treatment.
• Increase fluid intake.
• Feel free to wash hair in the morning before starting the procedure.
After the treatment:
• You will feel mild soreness and swelling in the specific area of treatment.
• It will take 5 days to heal from micro-needling.
• Avoid alcohol from 5 days after treatment. Avoid taking anti-inflammatory medicines such as ibuprofen, Motrin, Aleve, naproxen for 5-7 days after treatment.